Audio Book Now

AudiobooksNow - Digital Audiobooks for Less

Thursday, May 23, 2019

What is the Relationship Stitch?

 I have had so much fun with this stitch.  I was looking for a good border to add to my newest prayer shawl.  I was determined to make it easy, and bring a little bit of texture to the edge of the asymmetric body.
As I swatched, I was swept up in the possible applications,  but it was not the stitch I needed for the job at hand.  In truth,  the Shawl has been set aside,  while I focus on the newly formed passion.

 Just look at the texture of the fabric.  How much movement.  I just love the way it flows and how much opportunity there is.
So,  let's take a look at the reasons for the name I tacked upon it.
In a relationship,  there have to be certain things that are common.  There has to be respect for certain truths. There has to be both give, and take.  This stitch pattern is all about those truths.
When you follow the rules and remember that in order to take,  you have to give, 

Your stitches will be wonderful, and you will be able to cruise right along with nice results .

However,  if in the process of hurrying to finish the task, you forget to give,  when you return to that spot,  there will be nothing to take from.
The same can be said for trying to give too much.  When that happens,  there is no stability in the surrounding fabric.
  You lose out on the beauty of the big picture.
I don't want to even get into the discussion of trying to go it alone.  That changes everything.
This fabric is a fun one to create, I  think the double strand adds to the contrast between high and low,  as well as strengthening the concept of working together for the best results.
The larger hook use allows every strand to have room,  to be seen,  to flourish in unison with the partnering strand.

Am I reaching,  have I made a mockery of a single stitch pattern?
 I suppose to some, but this is how this designer's life happens.  It is part of my thinking process.  It is also undeniable.  If it doesn't relate, the ship will sink.
For a no cost sample pattern using this stitch,  please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment